Here are a few samples of my writing, graphic design, and marketing work. For a complete resume, visit my profile on LinkedIn.
At the St. Thomas Public Library, I developed and designed promotional themes for library events and programs, providing a consistent look and feel for all program elements. These included posters, flyers, bookmarks, electronic monitor slides, advertisements, and more. I also designed the 130th anniversary logo and theme and laid the groundwork for further development. Other activities included the design of the monthly library newsletter, book display posters, and library signage.
In addition, I have written articles for the St. Thomas/Elgin Weekly News, promoting events and activities at local libraries and museums, including Elgin County Museum, Elgin County Archives, and the St. Thomas Public Library.
I have written for Natural Landscape Magazine, Relish Elgin, CultureHome.com, STEGH Foundation newsletter Heartbeat, and the St. Thomas/Elgin Weekly News, including a monthly column for Elgin This Month magazine.
- Beat the Heat, Relish Elgin, Summer 2013
- Art as conversation, Relish Elgin, Spring 2013
- Preserving the harvest, Elgin This Month, October 2013
- The truth about hostas, Elgin This Month, July 2013
NEWSPAPER EDITING AND WRITING
As editor of the St. Thomas/Elgin Weekly News and Elgin This Month magazine, I reported on community activities, interviewing sources, writing articles, taking photographs, editing freelance writers’ work, and laying out weekly newspaper pages.
- Fireman for a day, St. Thomas/Elgin Weekly News, June 1, 2011
- The personal touch, St. Thomas/Elgin Weekly News, September 8, 2011
- Small town themes, big time laughs, St. Thomas/Elgin Weekly News, July 20, 2011
- Not for me, St. Thomas/Elgin Weekly News, July 20, 2011
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING
As a marketing and communications specialist for a variety of businesses and not-for-profit organizations, I planned marketing strategies, designed brand identities, and managed various projects that built awareness, communicated organizational aims, and promoted programs and events.
- Planning stages, Business London, January 2013
- Small thinking, Business London, September 2012
- Drawing on experience, Business London, July 2012
The Centre for Skills Development and Training, Burlington
XCG Consultants, Inc., Oakville
Sun Life Financial, Toronto